The Conservation College was a vision of Kim & Chris Chisholm, proprietors of Wolf Camp & School of Natural Science at Blue Skye Farm. In 2018, they gathered a group of Wolf Camp parents to form an independent board of directors, file Articles of Incorporation as a non-profit organization, and start building the new Conservation College with a mission to inspire a global conservation ethic by connecting people to nature through outdoor education.
The ultimate goal of the Conservation College is to develop into an accredited technical school offering degree programs to all ages of student throughout the year. During the pandemic years of 2020-21, the board of directors delayed the launch of degree programs in favor of interim community programs to support its mission. The board plans to continue internal development of degree programs in 2022-23 while continuing its focus on community programs.
Current Community Programs:
- Max Davis Scholarships for Earth Skills Education
- Volunteer Conservation Luminary Program
- Underwater Robot Derelict Crab Pot Retrieval
Future Accredited Degree Programs:
- Urban & Rural Habitat Conservation
- Ethnobotany & Plant Conservation
- Zoology & Wildlife Conservation
- Wilderness & Cultural Conservation
- Sustainability & Energy Conservation
- Outdoor Ed & Environmental Conservation
To help us fulfill our mission, please support us in any of the following ways: