100% to Scholarships: With an entirely volunteer staff and board of directors, the expenses of the Conservation College are currently minimal. Incidental costs are funded by in-house donations and fundraiser events. Your entire donation will be used for scholarships to people who qualify for financial aid based on need and merit. If you prefer to mail a check, please make it payable to the Conservation College, 1026 14th St SW, Puyallup WA 98371. Thank you!
In 2021, the Conservation College took over administration of Max Davis Scholarships from the non-profit Western Outdoor Learning Foundation. The fund was founded in 2001 and named after a popular Wolf Camp participant who passed away of a childhood illness. It is our hope that Max’s memory serves as an example for achieving our mission to inspire a global conservation ethic by connecting people to nature through outdoor education. To donate, click on the PayPal button above or share this link: www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=GSVGKUF2MC72S
Financial Aid Applications
Financial Aid Scholarships are accepted first-come, first-served between Jan 5th – Jun 5th as funds remain available: We grant applicants up to 75% of the costs toward an earth skills educational opportunity. We do expect that the student or another third party contribute the deposit, and that scholarship recipients attend the entirety of the programs for which they register.
To apply for a financial aid scholarship, email answers the questions below, and attach a copy of your program registration form and description of the program you wish to attend. Members of the Conservation College board of directors are the only persons reviewing the information you provide, and it will remain completely confidential:
- Which program are you applying for, and for what length of time do you plan to participate?
- Why are you interested in the program?
- What would you like to use these skills for in the future?
- What is your total household income for last year, now, and projected this year?
- How many people are solely dependent on the income and assets which you list?
- Mention any extraordinary expenses this month, season and year which are stretching your budget.
- What is your total household/family net worth (value of assets minus liabilities / debts from which you may benefit now or in the future)?
- Note any other information that may be needed to help in this scholarship decision-making process.
Merit Scholarship Applications
Merit Scholarship Applications are accepted first-come, first-served between Jan 5th – Jun 5th as funds remain available: The Conservation College offers a limited number of merit scholarships for youth who produce an environmental-based project for the Washington State Science Fair. To apply for a merit scholarship, email a copy of your registration/application, description of the program/category you plan to participate in, and a description of your WSSEF Science Fair project.